While the contents of all issues of Archivaria (1975 - present) may be searched through this interface, users should be aware that recent items identified in the search results may be located in the Reserved Collection, which is only accessible to individual and institutional subscribers, and members of the Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA). For information on how to become a member of ACA or a subscriber to Archivaria, please visit the Association at http://www.archivists.ca/home. Members and subscribers may access search results for items located within the Reserved Collection by following the link found at the bottom of the accompanying "Details" page.
The Browse link located in the right-hand margin of all of the journal pages also provide access to author and title listings.
- Search terms are case-insensitive
- Common words are ignored
- By default only articles containing all terms in the query are returned (i.e., AND is implied)
- Combine multiple words with OR to find articles containing either term; e.g., education OR research
- Use parentheses to create more complex queries; e.g., archive ((journal OR conference) NOT theses)
- Search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes; e.g., "open access publishing"
- Exclude a word by prefixing it with - or NOT; e.g. online -politics or online NOT politics
- Use * in a term as a wildcard to match any sequence of characters; e.g., soci* morality would match documents containing "sociological" or "societal"